This is the first weekend of the summer!! Here are a few activity ideas to get you started, if you don't have any weekend ideas or plans.
1. Backyard / Family & Friend BBQ. It's always great to hang out with family & friends with good food, and good company. You can't go wrong with a BBQ.
2. Take a Hike!! No seriously! There is no better way to enjoy the outdoors than going on a HIKE. You can view the amazing beauty, clear your thoughts, and get away from the busy life, for a few hours.
3. The Splash Pad. This is one way to cool off in the hot summer days! Why not, it's FREE!
4. Movies at the Park. There are a lot of free movies out there. If you are on a budget like most people are, why not take the whole family, to a free movie at the park. Check your local community park's website, because most will post what movie & dates they are playing movies for free.
5. Bike Ride. A bike ride is always fun. There is nothing like riding down the street with your family and friends. There are more trails and bike lanes out there now. A few good and safe bike trails for beginners, like my self, are at Legacy Parkway Trail, and Jordan River Parkway. They are great trails to ride. Check websites for local trails.
6. Camping. Another great way to spend time with your family and friends is to enjoy the outdoors. There is nothing like sleeping under the stars and hearing nature around you.
7. Snow Cone Run. There is something special about a snow cone in the summer time. It's a great way to treat and cool yourself off after a hot day!
8. Volunteer. A great way to give back to your community is to volunteer to help others. We all know someone that might need a little help.
9. Fishing. This is my favorite activity to do. Why not make memories about the big one you caught! If you can't make it to the lakes or reservoir, no problem. There are a lot of fishing ponds in your local community. Check the DWR website to find your local ponds.
I hope you have a great summer!
I hope these few summertime weekend idea's will help you get started for some weekend fun!